Talent Growth Solutions Pty Ltd (ABN 18 135 320 428) Trading as The Martec (“The Martec”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy and any other documents referred to in it sets out the basis on which any personal data (as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (“Privacy Act”)) (the “Personal Data”) we collect from account holders or individual users or visitors to our Platform, or that is uploaded to our Platform, will be processed by us. Account holders, users and visitors of our Platform or owners of Personal Data collected by us (each, “you”) should read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your Personal Data and how we will treat it.
By providing any Personal Data to us, you consent to the collection, use, disclosure and transfer of such Personal Data in the manner and for the purposes set out below.
The following provides a brief overview of the Australian Privacy Principles for further information please continue reading or refer to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner's website.
- APP 2: Anonymity and pseudonymity. Requires APP entities to give individuals the option of not identifying themselves, or of using a pseudonym. Limited exceptions apply.
- APP 3: Collection of solicited personal information. Outlines when an APP entity can collect personal information that is solicited. It applies higher standards to the collection of sensitive information.
- APP 4: Dealing with unsolicited personal information. Outlines how APP entities must deal with unsolicited personal information.
- APP 5: Notification of the collection of personal information. Outlines when and in what circumstances an APP entity that collects personal information must tell an individual about certain matters.
- APP 6: Use or disclosure of personal information. Outlines the circumstances in which an APP entity may use or disclose personal information that it holds.
- APP 7: Direct marketing. An organisation may only use or disclose personal information for direct marketing purposes if certain conditions are met.
- APP 8: Cross-border disclosure of personal information. Outlines the steps an APP entity must take to protect personal information before it is disclosed overseas.
- APP 9: Adoption, use or disclosure of government related identifiers. Outlines the limited circumstances when an organisation may adopt a government related identifier of an individual as its own identifier or use or disclose a government related identifier of an individual.
- APP 10: Quality of personal information. An APP entity must take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information it collects is accurate, up to date and complete. An entity must also take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information it uses or discloses is accurate, up to date, complete and relevant, having regard to the purpose of the use or disclosure.
- APP 11: Security of personal information. An APP entity must take reasonable steps to protect personal information it holds from misuse, interference, and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. An entity has obligations to destroy or de-identify personal information in certain circumstances.
- APP 12: Access to personal information. Outlines an APP entity’s obligations when an individual requests to be given access to personal information held about them by the entity. This includes a requirement to provide access unless a specific exception applies.
- APP 13: Correction of personal information. Outlines an APP entity’s obligations in relation to correcting the personal information it holds about individuals.
Legal basis for data processing on our website
Based on your consent: Insofar as you have given us consent to process personal data for specific purposes, the lawfulness of this processing is based on your consent. Consent given can be revoked at any time. The revocation of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the data processed until the revocation.
For the fulfilment of contractual obligations: In some cases, the processing of your data is also carried out for the fulfilment of a contract concluded with you at your request or for the fulfilment of a pre-contractual measure, such as in the context of a service obligation towards you. Further details on the relevant data processing purposes can be found in the relevant contractual documents and conditions of participation.
Within the framework of the balancing of interests: Where necessary, we process your data to protect our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of third parties. These are, for example:
- Assertion of legal claims and defence in legal disputes
- Ensuring stability and security.
Purposes of data processing on our website: Insofar as we process your personal data on our website, this is done for the purposes outlined below:
- Technical provision of the website and monitoring its functionality
- Statistical analysis of the use of the website
Information we may collect
We may collect and process the following data which may contain Personal Data:
- information that you provide by filling in forms including information provided at the time of registering to use our Platform, subscribing to any services provided by us, or requesting further services;
- information and data that you upload onto our Platform;
- details of transactions you carry out through our Platform;
- details of your visits to our Platform, resources that you access and actions you are working on through the Platform;
- if you contact us, a record of that correspondence; and
- responses to surveys that we send to you, although you do not have to respond to them.
We may also collect and process information about your device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our business partners. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share the password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Platform; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held, including Personal Data, in the following manner:
- to ensure that content from our Platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, and to otherwise carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to provide you with information, products or services which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to investigate any complaints relating to the use of our Platform or any suspected unlawful activities;
- complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- any other purposes for which you have provided the information; and
- carrying out whatever else is reasonable or related to or in connection with the above and our provision of goods and/or services to you.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties:
- for the purposes of providing products or services that you request from us, fulfilling our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, processing payments in connection therewith or otherwise in connection with your use of our Platform;
- where a third party claims that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Platform constitutes a violation of their rights under Australia law, in which case we may disclose your identity to that third party;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we or substantially all of our shares or assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Access and correction
The Privacy Act gives you the right to access your Personal Data. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Privacy Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of an administrative fee at our rates then in force to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. In the event that you wish to correct and/or update your Personal Data in our records, you may inform us in writing of the same by sending us an email at email@example.com. In certain cases, Personal Data may also be corrected or updated via the Platform.We will respond to requests regarding access and correction as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any Personal Data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the Privacy Act).
We endeavour to ensure that all decisions involving your Personal Data are based upon accurate and timely information. However, we rely on you to disclose all relevant information to us and to inform us of any changes in your Personal Data. As such, please disclose all relevant information necessary for us to provide services to you and ensure all information submitted to us is up-to-date, complete, and accurate. Kindly inform us promptly if there are any changes in your Personal Data.
We may retain your Personal Data for at least five (5) years, or such other longer or shorter period as may be necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws. We will cease to retain your Personal Data or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the Personal Data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
We will take steps to inform the third party of any requests, complaints, or questions that you may have regarding such Personal Data.