With 2018 whizzing by at light speed, many of us haven’t yet found the time to scratch ourselves. Some of Australia’s leading tech startups, however, have been spending their 2018 time far more wisely, and have already celebrated some big wins.
The start of the new quarter makes this the perfect time to reflect on hiring and business activities here in Melbourne. Ask yourself: where do you want to spend the rest of your year? If you’re unsure, or just a little curious, read on.
Currently Melbourne sees an eclectic handful of businesses, including digital and tech agencies, fintech, telecommunications, and consulting, adding big numbers to their employee headcount, continuing on from a stellar last year.
We have put together, just for you, some of the most in-demand tech jobs of 2018 that are up for grabs right now. And they just happen to be with some of the best tech companies to work for in Melbourne, if not Australia. If Q1 of 2018 hasn’t got you fired up for your career and the year ahead, maybe one of these opportunities are what you need to ignite the spark.
Versent helps businesses understand, transform and operate in the cloud. They do this through consulting, managed service, software development, and working with Amazon Web Services.
This consulting business launched in 2014, and has since grown at lightning speed. Launching with a team of three founders, they now employ over 180 staff across four cities. In 2016 they topped the BRW Fast 50 list and won Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner of the Year. They have also since been named an Amazon Web Services Premier Consulting Partner. With no signs of slowing their growth, Versent has 24 job openings across the country, including:
- API / Microservices / Serverless Engineer
- API Platform Engineer
- AWS DevOps Engineer
- DevOps Engineer
- Enterprise BDM
- Internal Tech Recruiter
- Iteration Manager
- Principal Consultant – Product Development
- Senior API Platform Engineer
- Senior AWS DevOps Engineer
- Senior CloudOps / AWS Engineer
- Senior DevOps / AWS Engineer – Contract
- Senior DevOps Engineer
- Senior Identity Engineer / Developer / Consultant
- Senior Microservices / Serverless Engineer – multiple roles
Telstra is an iconic Australian company with a rich heritage dating back over 100 years. From humble beginnings in the Postmaster General’s Office to today’s truly global business, the one thing that’s remained constant is their commitment to being a great place to work.
Telstra continues to develop innovations in high-growth areas like cybersecurity, while also keeping a finger on the pulse of new technology through Telstra Ventures, their venture capital arm, which invests in new companies to strengthen their offering and diversify their portfolio. Never one to sit still, the company is always investing in people and growing their capabilities to keep up with ambitious growth plans. They have job openings across the board:
- Big Data Architect
- Data Analyst
- Digital Marketing Specialist
- Experience Design Lead / User Experience
- Front-End Developer – Personalisation
- IT Technical Expert (NetSuite Functional Consultant)
- Product Change Specialist
- Product Designer (UI/UX)
- Product Manager Mobile Apps
- Product Specialist
- Senior Front-End Developer
- Senior Full-Stack Application Developer – IoT
- Senior IT Domain Specialist
- Senior Network Engineer – Software and Automation
- Senior Product Specialist
- Senior Systems Engineer – Fixed term 12 months
- Software Developer
- Squad Lead – DevOps
- Systems Engineering Manager – Fixed Term Full Time – 12 months
- Technical Expert – NBN (12 Month Fixed Term Contract)
- Technical Specialist – Big Data Analytics
- TPN Roadmap Product Manager
MYOB delivers software and services to more than 1 million businesses in Australia and New Zealand. Their solutions simplify accounting, payroll, client management, websites and much more.
As the accounting industry has moved online, so too has MYOB, adding an entire suite of online accounting solutions to its desktop offerings. MYOB are helping SMEs adapt to rapid market changes, assisting them in moving online and staying agile and profitable. They are utilising developments in technology to build intelligent and intuitive tools, designed to make life easier for businesses. Their ambition to develop is proven with the sheer number of engineering and development roles currently open in their Melbourne office and across the country:
- Cloud & Infrastructure Engineer
- Cloud Application Developer
- Customer Success Manager
- Data Scientist – Glen Waverley
- Developer – 12 month FTC
- Developer – Richmond
- Development Lead
- Digital Campaign Manager
- Digital Product Owner
- Product Designer
- Senior Business Analyst
- Senior Cloud Application Developer
- Senior Developer
- Senior Developer
- Senior Developer – Richmond
- Senior Product Designer – Richmond
- Senior Product Marketing Manager
- User Interface Writer (UX Writer)
- Windows Systems Engineer
RotaGeek is expanding quickly, but their approach and their ambitions remain as personal as ever. Everyone at Rotageek is dedicated to the cause. Their tech is their trademark, but their team and values are the things that make them stand out.
RotaGeek is an online employee scheduling software that allows businesses to easily create schedules and send emails and text alerts to employees. In the four years since launch, the team have signed some major Enterprise clients and expanded their workforce considerably. They are now in the market for one more team member to join their Melbourne office:
Looking for a great job at a top company? Check out more available jobs in Melbourne.